Monday, October 26, 2009

oh seriously, Brett Whiteley

My heart skipped a beat when I saw this artwork, I had always been so fascinated with Brett Whiteley and I was so excited to see one of his works that I just had to get a photo. i was feeling slightly dorky but I didn't care. I am a dork.
Brett Whiteley went to a boarding school in Bathurst (NSW) and decided he wanted to be a painter when he found a small book on Van Gough. This small book changed his entire life.
Since that photo was taken I have twice been to his  personal studio and seen many of his works ( including alchemy!!!! ) and they were even more incredible then I thought. His paintings are frequently mixed media and 3 dimensional. He had bizarre including canvases sticking out of other canvases. In my opinion,he is one of the best things to come out of Australia.


I was once again stuck indoors all day doing exams for boring subjects : maths and geography! I had history last which I was grateful for, tomorrow I have art woohooo which i am happy to study for because I do anyway.
 I have to pick any artist to study than I have to write an essay on them in the exam. I have chosen Brett Whiteley, I LOOOOOVE his art. I love the way that he portrays the body and the form. I once did a massive mixed media artwork inspired by him that was a landscape made out of body parts. No one ever did it quite like Brett Whiteley and no one ever will. 

1 comment:

  1. All the best for your Art exam as well as for all the other boring subject exams.

    Nice pic !

    ReplyDelete